EP 28 - Tony Parkin & Nikolee Turner of Charles Schwab Advisor Services
In the 28th episode of The COO Roundtable, Matt welcomes two extremely experienced consultants from Charles Schwab Advisor Services’ Business Consulting & Education division, Tony Parkin and Nikolee Turner. Matt, Tony, and Nikolee discuss how professional management drives “lasting and significant changes” at organizations, the importance of clear and repetitive internal communication, the need to understand your ideal client before determining your firm’s organizational structure, and much more including:
- An overview of Schwab’s consulting services and how they provide support to help RIAs run successful businesses
- A funny story about Tony’s first time visiting the PFI Advisors’ office
- Both guests’ professional backgrounds, including how Tony discovered the benefits of the independent model and Nikolee’s fascination with “how people pursue their own excellence”
- Nikolee shares Schwab’s Five Guiding Principles for Advisory Firm Success
- Tony and Nikolee’s thoughts on when they believe a firm needs professional management
- Challenges firms face when bringing in professional management for the first time
To view a copy of the 2020 Schwab RIA Compensation report, click here.
To read a full transcript of this episode, click here.