EP 29 - Gina Bradley of Colony Group & Susan Korin of Balasa Dinverno Foltz
In the 29th episode of The COO Roundtable, Matt welcomes two highly accomplished RIA professionals, Gina Bradley, COO & General Counsel of Colony Group and Susan Korin, COO & CCO of Balasa Dinverno Foltz (“BDF”). Colony Group is celebrating its 35th anniversary this year and is headquartered in Boston, MA. With 15 offices nationwide and 260 employees, Colony Group manages $13B in AUM. BDF was also founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Chicago, IL. They have 67 team members and currently manage $5.3B in AUM. Matt, Gina, and Susan discuss the many areas a COO impacts their firm, how the COO manages people vs infrastructure, and much more including:
- Background of each guests’ firm including ideal client and service offerings
- Our guests’ professional background, including how they both became COOs and how they juggle their dual roles in their respective firms
- How their role as COO both supports and manages the growth in their organization and the infrastructure needed to achieve those goals
- Both firms’ vision (as of April 2021) of a post-COVID workplace
- The cultural impact the COO has on a firm
To read a full transcript of this episode, click here.
You can listen and subscribe on Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, or Spotify.