EP - 40 Yonhee Gordon of JMG Financial Group & Christine DeMao of Gibson Capital
In the 40th episode of The COO Roundtable, Matt welcomes two extremely thoughtful and strategic guests, Yonhee Gordon, Principal, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Marketing Officer of JMG Financial Group, and Christine DeMao, Chief Operating Officer and Managing Partner of Gibson Capital. JMG Financial Group is headquartered in Downers Grove, IL just outside of Chicago. They recently celebrated 38 years in business, have 86 employees, and currently manage $4.7B in AUM. Celebrating 33 years in business, Gibson Capital is headquartered in Wexford, PA, currently manages $2.3B, and has 15 employees. Together, Matt, Yonhee, and Christine have a comprehensive discussion on the many ways a COO impacts the firm, including culture, creating a consistent and outstanding client experience, and much more, as they cover:
- Their firms’ respective backgrounds, including ideal clients, service offerings, and growth trajectories
- Their professional backgrounds, including Yonhee’s lengthy tenure at JMG and the experience Christine brings with her 15 years at Gibson Capital
- How to promote RIA ownership within the firm for not just those on the advisor track, but for those in operations roles as well
- Which Key Performance Indicators each guest keeps their eye on
- Steps each firm is taking to balance in-person vs. remote work to ensure everyone is on the same page
Read the full transcript here.