EP 47 - Julie Allen of FirstWave Financial and Chris Pelch of Vance Wealth
For our final episode of 2022, we were joined by two incredible members of our COO Society community: Julie Allen, Vice President of Business Operations at FirstWave Financial and Chris Pelch, Chief Operating Office of Vance Wealth. FirstWave Financial began as a CPA firm in 1995 with a strong family foundation aimed to help its clients “deal with the complexity that wealth brings.” They are located in Satellite Beach, Florida, currently have $400M in AUM and a team of 12 employees. Vance Wealth was founded in 2003 and helps its clients tackle important questions they face when looking to retire. They have two offices in California, $450M in AUM and a team of 18 employees. During their discussion with Matt, Julie and Chris tackle both the Human Resources and Operations component of their roles and much more including:
- The different strategies each firm has used to successfully onboard new employees
- How each guest handles ongoing new-employee engagement and career development
- The steps each guest takes when evaluating different vendors
- Time management tips and tricks
- Their top initiatives for 2023
To read the full transcript, click here.